Thursday, November 1, 2007

Resolutions

It is really hard to break a habit you didn't even realize you had.

When purchasing laundry detergent, I have always wondered if you really get as many loads out of the bottle as they claim, because it just doesn't seem like it. So, last time I got a new bottle of detergent, I actually read the bottle instructions. The instructions really surprised me. They stated that level 1 on the measuring cup is for NORMAL loads and level 2 is for LARGE or heavily soiled loads. The measuring cup didn't mention anything about level 3 which is clearly marked on the cup. My own determination of what the levels meant was obviously wrong. I had assumed that level 1 was for small loads, level 2 for medium loads and level 3 for full loads. I wonder if the manufacture actually intends for us to use level 3 or if I am blindly using it and wasting 1/3 of a cup of detergent on every load.

Since realizing this, I have determined or resolved to use level 1 on the measuring cup only. I would never of thought this would be such a hard resolution; but every time I do laundry, I fill the cup and empty it without even thinking about what I am doing. It is certainly interesting the things that become habits. Do you have any unusual habits?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the resolution going? I think you are wasting soap but the manufacture wants you to use level 3 so you buy more more often the same goes for toothpaste. Toothpaste manufactures use to have just a slit in the top of the tube so you wouldn't use to much toothpaste then did away with it so you would buy more often so if you are useing a whole toothbrush ful of toothpaste you are using to much also Mom

Ivory said...

So far it is going better and the bottle is lasting longer. YAH!