Friday, February 15, 2008

Science Experiments


From reading Miriam's blog, I learned of the Science and the Bible experiment books. After reading several of her posts about how she used the experiments in AWANA counsel time; I purchased the books and lent one to our counsel time leader. Last night he tried his first experiment. The illustration involved wrapping our biggest/toughest male AWANA leader with cassesste tape. The first time, he was only wrapped a few times and then he tried to brake free which he was able to do. The second time all the tape was used to wrapped him. This time he was unable to brake free. The leader then explained that we might think that those little sins in our lives are not a big deal that we can "brake free" from them at anytime, but those sins can easily ensnare us. The experiment was a very effective visual, especially for the boys. The experiment is in Book 1 or the yellow book, sorry I don't know the page or title. (I don't have the book right now.)

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Ivory,

I'm so glad that you were able to use one of the experiments in counsel time! I had forgotten about that experiment - I think I'll use it next week. I've got 6 boys in my class most weeks and I bet they will really get into that one!