Thursday, September 13, 2007

It has begun . . .

I'm sitting here wondering, "what does one write as the first entry in a blog"? I suppose for starters I could explain why I have decided to blog.

July 2007, I was introduced to the blog world (or blogosphere as some call it) by a best friend who began blogging. She sent me the link to her site and I have come to check it quite regularly to see what new or ordinary things occur in her life. Before she started blogging, we would only call each other about once every six months. Now I feel that we stay much more connected and in touch with each other since she started blogging; and it has been alot of fun to read about her life experiences. So my first goal for this blog is that it would help me stay in contact with friends and family especially those who are not local.

Coming up with a name . . .

I struggled with a name for awhile because as the saying goes, "a flower by any other name wouldn't smell as sweet". So I thought if I didn't pick the right name the blog just wouldn't be right. Later, I decided it wasn't that big a deal. There were several blog names up for consideration but when I mentioned HITZ and Mrs to family members, everyone immediately said that was the one. Other nominees included:

  • barHITZva
  • ivoryz
  • HITZablog
  • HITZblog
  • icHITZ
  • blogHITZ - kind of a play on words because people want hitz on theirblog... he he
  • HITZzz - ya know, like you're sleeping...
The above suggestions are by Jon Jackson (check out his cool websites) and I think they were all great suggestions. My personal favorite and the one I all most chose was blogHITZ . . . I liked the play on words.

Hitz and Misses or Hitz and Mrs suggestions came from Miriam Lofgren and I chose HITZ and Mrs because I like the double play on words.

  • hit and miss will probably best describe how often I post something here, and
  • it is a blog about HITZ (either our Hitz family or Chris) and the Mrs . . .me :)

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Awesome!! Ivory's blogging! Welcome to the blog wold! I love your new sight and am so excited that you've begin blogging. You've done the hardest part in picking out the name and posting for the first time! I am definitely going to enjoy keeping up with you more through reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! It's so good to see you online!

Anna Naomi said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Ivory!

Anonymous said...

Well, it is about time someone in the family started blogging.

Elijah said...

Welcome to the blogging world! :)