Monday, October 15, 2007

It's Monday


Our schedule was really busy today.

  • 6:00pm Immediately after work, both Chris and I had eye doctor appointments. Chris was in need of a new pair of glasses and I have been having a lot of trouble with my contacts. The doctor said that my prescription had not changed, so all my problems were probably due to my contacts. We are going to try a different brand and see if things get better.

  • 7:00pm Tutoring with Cassandra. Cassandra comes over every Monday and we work on anything she is struggling with in school. Most of our visits have been about Chemistry, however, tonight we were working on a mini-research paper. She was supposed to write an eight (8) page paper including citing works she had used. Cassandra had 3.5 pages and no cites. So I gave her some ideas on how she could expand the paper, and explained to her how, when and why you cite other works.

  • 8:00pm We ate dinner . . .well, actually since it was so late I just reheated pizza.

  • 8:15pm I threw a load of laundry in the washer and began making some breakfast biscuits for the rest of the week. I sliced and cooked to packages of sausage and bake one can of biscuits so we could have sausage and biscuits a few mornings out of the week. We had three skillets cooking at once and Chris and I had a lot of fun trying not to burn the sausage.

  • 9:15pm Switch laundry around, check blog sites and write this post. Miriam’s blog is the only blog I check regularly because Tamra, Amber and Elaine haven’t started blogging yet (come on you guys).


After this I will probably fold the laundry, iron clothes for tomorrow, double check the menu for tomorrow’s dinner maybe squeeze time in for reading a bit and then go to bed.

So there’s a little bit about Monday, October 15, 2007.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

You had quite the busy day! Is Cassandra from your church? I think it's cool that you're helping her out!

Ivory said...

We have been friends with the Halladay family for years now. We did meet at church, but neither one of us are still at the church where we met. I really enjoy helping Cassandra with science and math for two reasons. 1) It is a fun challange to relate the topics to everyday things in her life that she can see the correlation and then understnad the topic and not forget it. 2) It is fun to review something I learned a long time ago and see how much I still remember.

Miriam said...

That's really awesome! It is neat to see all the things we learned (or should have learned) and to help someone in the process.