Monday, October 1, 2007

Number Puzzles

A co-worker recently showed me a really good site for printing off free Sudoku puzzles. The site is thru The Washington Post newspaper. I have never purchased a Sudoku book of puzzles because I’m afraid it would consume my time. Once I start one, I can’t put it down until I have solved it. The other day, my co-worker printed a Sudoku Mega puzzle which is a 4x4 and uses numbers 1-9 and the letters A, B, C, D, E, F and G. I had never seen a MEGA puzzle. After completing the puzzle (3 days later), I didn’t think it was really any harder; it just took longer. To the left is an example of a Mega (4x4) Sudoku puzzle. I also found that there is a MINI Sudoku puzzle which is a 3x2.

Another neat game on this site is Kakurko. Kakuro is like a mathematical crossword puzzle: the rows and columns must sum the number above and to the left. If you like numbers, you should try Kakuro. Below is a Kakuro puzzle; as you can see, this one is rated pretty difficult. If you have never tryied one, I would recommend going to The Washington Post site and selecting an easier one or play online until you get the hang of it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is cool! Your right i would have a hard time knowing what to write. The number puzzle are cool I have worked a mini before they are to easy.
Mom

Miriam said...

I've never seen the mega-puzzles before! I like Sodoku, but like you don't want to spend much time on them. I've found they're great to take with you when traveling! After you've read for way too long, doing a puzzle is a nice change!