Thursday, October 11, 2007

Personality

Over the weekend, my Mom told us about this personality ID survey which she had taken. We kept asking her all kinds of questions about it and eventually she said "Just get on the computer and do it yourself." So several of us did. So after Chris Hagen and my Chris took the survey they siad I should. I think these surveys are really interesting. It's amazing how you can assign a number to a bunch of characteristics which then summarize your main behaviors. Though I am intrigued by these surveys, I hate taking them. I can never decide if I'm more detailed than commanding or more loyal than detailed. These surveys aren't supposed to take very much time, but I always start out focused and then get bogged down by what they mean by tough-minded and what does that have to do with meticulous, convincing and kind?

Well, I finally made it through the survey and it said that I am a "deep thinker" and all of my numbers came back within the "mid-range". It was definitely interesting and alot of fun to see how the survey turned out for different family members. If you would like to give it a try, the survey is through Career Direct Online which is "a revolutionary assessment system that combines biblical principles of stewardship of talents with cutting-edge career guidance technology." Career Direct is somehow related to Crown Financial, but I couldn't figure out exactlt how. Have Fun!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

I just took the test and came out as an analyzer (see http://careerdirectonline.org/personalityID/share/?i=34317C32377C33357C35377CZvevnz) for the details. That test was definitely more difficult that others since it makes you rank them in order of strengths. I guess I agree with its assessment of me. What do you think? Do you have the link to your assessment?

Miriam said...

Well, I guess the link doesn't work. Check my blog for a link!